$60.00 – $150.00
HATTERAS ISLAND YOUTH SAILING
Registration opens Aug 3rd and closes on Aug 31st.
Sailing begins Sep 4th and runs for 8 weeks
Tuition: Junior Sailing runs in 4 Seasonal sessions throughout the year. The tuition covers all 8 weeks of the Sailing Session. Tuition does not include travel or regatta registration fees. Parents of invitational sailors should be willing to commit to help fundraise for equipment improvements, sails, etc which are needed to maintain a travel sailing team.
- Member Tuition is $60 per 8 week session
- Non-Member Tuition is $150 per 8 week session
Invitational Sailing Team: The invitational travel team is as the name implies by invitation only. However, you can challenge your way onto the team if you feel you are ready. Scroll to the bottom of this page to read the details of how you make it onto the Sailing team.
Invitational sailing team is focused on one design competitive sailing skills including the Optimist Class, 420 Class, and Hobie 18 Class. Here are some details: https://hatterassailing.org/learn-to-sail/invitational-program-plan/
Permission Slip: A Permission Slip must be filled out and signed before starting. Members get a large discount on sailing. To get the member rate, if not already joined, please support Hatteras Sailing by becoming a member – click here!
We are limited to 8 boats per level. However, it is the goal and mission of the club to provide sailing opportunities to all who want to sail…so please
If you would like to be considered for the invitational sailing team, please reach out to us on this form. There are two paths onto the team:
- Coaches Invitation: if your intermediate coaches feel you are ready, they will invite you to join a race clinic and see how you perform. At the coaches discretion they can issue you an invitation based on sailing performance during a regatta or clinic.
- Match Race Challenge: We are currently limited to 8 boats, and we have 8 sailors on our team. However, you can challenge a seated member of the team for his/her boat. Team challenges will consist of a 3 race match, and the winning sailor gets the seat on the team.
- Exceptions: an exception would be at the coaches discretion and if the club can find additional boats in which case we could expand our team size.