Hatteras Sailing Organization Sponsorships
Support Hatteras sailing through sponsorship
Hatteras Community Sailing is set up as a nonprofit organization under the US Sailing Community Sailing program. Hatteras Sailing Organization (Hatteras Sailing) is a member-based organization, open to all, created to encourage sailing and competitive opportunities for our Island Youth. Hatteras Sailing is a nonprofit community organization focused on inclusion of youth and adults who have a desire to learn more about our Island’s wonderful natural assets!
Please spread the word to local and regional business owners who share our passion for seeing our youth on the water! Some businesses out there are actually looking for worthwhile programs like Hatteras Sailing Organization to donate an annual community support budget. Now is a great time to reach out to any local or global business interested in youth health education that sponsors active and educational programs like ours.
Hatteras Sailing is a US Sailing Community Sailing program and falls under the protections and assurances of US Sailing.
Specific Sponsorship Opportunities
We have listed the most pressing needs and tagged each one as needing time or donation. Please take a look at each of the sponsorship opportunities to see how you can help. The club needs folks who can volunteer and also corporate and private donations to address some of the immediate and specific needs of the club. We have around 20 – 30 local youth sailors from ages 5 – 16 actively involved each session. The kids are leaning independence, self-sufficiency, weather, seamanship, and more.
Please feel free to comment on any of these items and we will respond right away to answer any questions that you have.
- Coach’s Shed – Finishing WorkWHAT: Trim, paint, plumbing, roof repairs. WHEN: Saturday, Jun 18, 8am-5pm TIME: 8 hours total HOW MANY: 3 volunteers needed We need one volunteer to trim the interior of the Coach’s Shed. One volunteer to repair the roof and insulate the ceiling. We need one volunteer to do the plumbing and appliance installation.
- Pre-Season Cleaning The Club StorageWHAT: Sweep the floors, mop the floors, wipe the surfaces, clean the toilets, sanitize the inside of the club. WHEN: Saturday, Jun 18, 1pm-5pm TIME: 4 hours total HOW MANY: 3 volunteers needed Juniors or parents are needed to help get us do a pre-season cleaning in the club. We need to Sweep the floors, […]
- Pre-Season Grounds OrganizationWHAT: Move and store items from the grounds into the club in an organized system that can be followed weekly. WHEN: Saturday, Jun 18, 8am-12pm TIME: 4 hours total HOW MANY: 6 volunteers needed Juniors or parents are needed to help get us organized as we go into the busy summer season. We need a […]
- Junior CoachesWHAT: Junior Coach for beginner opti practice WHEN: Tuesday, Thursday at 2-5pm TIME: 3 hours per week HOW MANY: 2 volunteers needed An experienced Opti sailor is needed to help the coach with beginner opti practices. This junior coach must be experienced at sailing opti, patient, and kind with new learners.
- Meeting Sailors After PracticeWHAT: Meeting sailors at ramp; De-Rigging Boats after practice WHEN: Tuesday, Thursday at 4:00pm TIME: 1 hour per week HOW MANY: 2 volunteers needed When beginner sailors come back to the boat ramp after a practice, we need one parent volunteer to meet the sailors with the dolly and help them get their boats back […]
- Pre-Rigging Boats before practiceWHAT: Pre-Rigging Boats before practice WHEN: Tuesday, Thursday at 1:00pm TIME: < 1 hour per week HOW MANY: 2 volunteers needed Each beginner opti practice needs a parent volunteer to pre-rig boats for the sailors. This should take around 10 minutes per boat once you know how to rig the boats. If your sailor does […]
- Coach’s ShedWe have 7 days to get this ready! We need skilled construction labor! Coach Mak our new head coach is here on Hatteras….but her tiny home office is not ready. Jay and Coach Ian have worked tirelessly, but the infrastructure of the shed was more rotten than expected causing a slippery slope of “more needed” than what was expected.
- Hobie CatsEst. Time: 80 hrs per boat Volunteers Needed: 4 boats Dollars: up to $2000 per boat Help! C’mon y’all, let’s get these boats sailing this summer. The Hobie 18s will be so much fun to race and cruise when they are ready. Adults, Teens, Young Adults: This is for you! We bought the Hobie Cats […]
- Sailing Gear – team spirit, safety, and competitionParents have asked about sailing specific gear. Here are some images, etc. Phillips BoatWorks (pHB) is a supplier for the leading manufacturer of dinghy sailing gear. If the club wants to put together an order, we can get some gear at competitive pricing. We can put together pricing as we get an order… PFD (life […]
- Optimist SailboatsNeed Met by Hatteras Marine Holdings, LLC Hatteras Marine Holdings, LLC purchased a lot of Optis for the club use. These optimists are for sale and for the use of the club. We did that because the club did not have the budget at the time. How is this going to work? Hatteras marine holdings […]
- Opti Optimization!We would like to patch up the Optis on loan from Colington. We need to accumulate an inventory of correct running rigging and hardware for replacement parts and damage, get some new sails ($140 each for 8 boats) and replace leaking bladders in the boats. Time is also needed to help with the repairs and […]
- Hobie SailsWe need sails for the Hobie Cats The club has 4 Hobie 18’s for member use which need new sails. If you are an adult and want to enjoy sailing Hobie 18’s, then please sponsor one of the boats’ refurbishment and commissioning costs. New Sails are about $1500 per set. Rigging, painting, trampolines etc can […]
- Sailing Bootie, Life Jacket, and Wetsuit BankThis is a big safety need for our kiddos The kids need sailing boots to protect their feet from the oyster shells and debris in the sound. Each pair is quite expensive new, but it is very unlikely that the kids will wear them out as they are growing quickly at this age. If you […]
Have a sponsorship question?
Please get in touch with us using the form below. We are really quick to respond. Thank you.