Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! 2020 has been a great season for Hatteras Community Sailing! The Organization was formed. Lots and lots of kids participated… about 40 in total. Many new Year Round Memberships. Great generous volunteers helped every week. We became US SAILING Member. We enrolled in a comprehensive group insurance program. Colington YC loaned us 7 Optimists. A Sponsor bought an Optimist for the Kids. Colleen let us use her marina as a launching place! Kids and Parents have had fun and learned a lot about SAILING, the Ocean, the Sound, and basic Seamanship… we even did some racing! It may be really hard for Hatteras Kids to be the best state/nationwide in Soccer, Football, Basketball, Lacrosse, etc, where big schools with huge enrollments have advantages over us…. but there is no reason that we can’t be the best on the water; in the ocean, sailing, windsurfing, surfing and kiteboarding!!!!!! This is where we have all the needed elements and the others don’t. Let’s Own It!
So here is our 2020 Hatteras Sailing Christmas List! I know its unlikely Santa will step in here, but if you never ask, you’ll never receive. This is what our (soon to be) Non Profit (Currently) All – Volunteer Organization and Kids need to keep it going into 2021.
- More Boats – One Design Boats. Optis, FJ’s, 420’s, Hobie 18’s, Lasers, Nacra 15 & 17’s.
- Supplies to Build and Maintain our Opti Fleet over the Winter – Resin, Cloth, Gelcoat, Sail Cloth, etc.
- Coaching and Chase Boat – Center Console Rigid Inflatable that can get up on a plane. Needed for coaching the kids as they sail, safety, rescues, and towing the boats out to the Sound.
- Sponsors for T-Shirts, Rash Gaurds, Life Vest, Wet Suits, Sailing Gear
- New Members! Lots of New Members. Locals-$100 per year per family. Gets you discounted sailing courses, charters, lessons, discounted gear, coaching, and helps us grow strong enough to hopefully purchase a location to be our own full time Organizational Center for training and teaching local kids and adults all about Sailing and Boating!
Our Winter 2020 Session is still going strong and our SPRING 2021 Season promises to be excellent. We have big plans and exciting opportunities in store for our Youth! Below are links to our 3 levels of FOUNDING SPONSORSHIP. If you would like to donate a specific gift, boat, or need, please contact us directly. 252-489-8193
Thank you for keeping Hatteras Community Sailing in mind for the Holiday Season. Everyone please have a Safe and Blessed Thanksgiving!
Beer Pint Glass Sponsor$350.00
Earmarked SponsorshipSuggested: $1.00
Capt/Coach Jay Phillips